The R-Plan solution of Dopti Ltd. calculates the transport routes of several vehicles according to the needs of users by passing several destinations. In addition to distance optimization, it calculates the optimum composition and volume of each load based on the capacity of the vehicle. When calculating the shortest distance between two points, the program takes into account the road conditions and the restrictions for roads and vehicles. Determining the optimal route is a well-known task, but its definition is not exactly possible (its complexity is exponential). In practice, the restrictions make the task even more complicated. The optimum solution of these tasks can be approached with heuristics.
Dopti Ltd. has developed the algorithm for route planning using the latest technology of the last decade. During optimization, we have to take into account several parameters of godds, vehicles, roads, drivers, costs, and rules, for example:
- Different types of vehicles have different load capacities, and many goods can only be transported with a special type of vehicle.
- Some goods cannot be transported together, the cargo must be separated.
- There are several road and vehicle restrictions: e.g., trucks cannot use certain roads or pass through cities, a ferry can only be used at certain times, etc.
- When using e-tolls, some vehicles may not use certain routes due to cost-effectiveness.
- There are different tariffs on different roads.
- The average speed of different types of vehicles may be different and it varies according to the weather conditions too.
- The hosts have a specific reception time.
- Drivers can work on specific hours.
- During the planning the loading times must be also taken into account.